WEBCAST | Water | Manufacturing & Distribution
August 2, 2018 | 12 PM EDT
After a decade of work, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) have introduced changes to their Lease Accounting Standards. These new rules will change the accounting guidelines globally for most leased assets, including real estate, machinery and equipment. This webcast will help you understand how the water industry will be impacted by the new lease standard and help you gain an understanding of what is changing. Our Mazars experts will cover the impact the standard will have on financial statements and the necessary steps companies should consider to ensure a seamless transition. Upon completion of this webcast, participants will be able to:
- Identify the implications of new lease standard on your business;
- Describe the key requirements of FASB’s new lease accounting standard;
- Recognize the components of a lease;
- Determine the appropriate accounting treatment for specific industry lease agreements;
- State the differences in standard for US GAAP ASC 842 and IFRS 16.